11.18.2011

cozy yummies.

I am really short on time this morning but because I didn't get anything up yesterday... I'll type quick!

Have you seen Sarah's blog My New Roots?
It's amazing! A friend of mine was telling me about it over dinner a few weeks ago-- raving really-- she just kept saying
"Kristen it's the best brownie... and its RAW!"
To which I replied:
"What are here tricks??"
The best part is, she gives you ALL OF HER TRICKS!
Anyway. Last night I made this little number, and it was delicious! Gluten Free and better than the original.


Coziest Banana Bread (recipe adapted from My New Roots blog)
Ingredients:
¼ cup milk of your choice (almond, hemp, cow, goat, soy…)
6 Tbsp. olive oil, butter, ghee, coconut oil
6 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 ¼ cups mashed ripe bananas (approximately 5 medium bananas)
2 cups flour (I used GF Bisquick Mix)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. sea salt
1 cup chopped nuts + seeds (I used pecans because that was all I had but you could put in any combination of nuts and seeds)
¾ cup chopped dark chocolate (1 standard 100 g bar) – optional (I used semi-sweet chips)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Line an 8” x 8” cake pan or loaf pan with baking paper, or lightly oil and dust with flour, shaking out excess.
3. Put the milk, oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and bananas in a blender and blend until smooth.
4. In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Add banana mixture and combine using as few stroked as possible. Fold in nuts and chocolate.
5. Pour into a cake pan and smooth the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (time varies greatly according to oven – mine takes about an hour, but this recipe suggests only 30 minutes. Check periodically after the half hour mark.)

 

1 comment:

hope in high heels said...

I have such a soft spot for banana bread... will have to try this on the weekend! Am following you back now - have a lovely weekend!

www.hopeinhighheels.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...